Saturday 21 January 2012

Shoe's

Day 21-366 Red Shoes

Oh gosh, it has been a week since I have blogged.  It has been a busy week of looking after my sick hubby,  birthday's, organising my son's holiday social life, work and play.  Please forgive me my kind readers.  

I am not a huge shoe fan, I don't have a fetish and a closet full of shoes.  Personally I would rather buy a few really good quality shoes that are guaranteed to last a number of years, like my Doc Martens boots that I bought in pre veg days. I guess what my Mum said many years ago has stuck "You wont get rich by buying shoes all the time".   

I have been a vegetarian off and on for the past 12 years.  For the past four years I have been a full vegetarian and will not buy leather or animal based shoes (including the glue).  How is this story vintage you might be asking.  Here I go again gambling on.  But this afternoon I was wondering what to shoot for my vintage inspired photo a day project.  When I stumbled onto a Vegan Friendly Store website that sells shoes, not just any shoes though, these are vintage inspired and gorgeous! Here's the link: Vegan vintage inspired woman's shoes.  I love the Brogues and T Bars.  There are Men's shoes also.  Please have a look, the store is in Victoria, Australia, so maybe some day I will get to visit them.  But the postage costs shouldn't rock the boat too much either when I do decide to buy a pair.  Might need to start saving!

So my photo today is a pair of vintage styled shoes (man made materials too thankfully, although I am dubious about the glue used) I bought for an Art Deco outing.  Cost me $12 at the Salvation Store and they were particularly brand new!  Unfortunately these are a mere prop now as the metal stopper bit (or whatever it's called) fell off one of the heals, so one day I should investigate if it can be fixed.  

If you are into vintage costume's etcetera, I would love to hear about your lucky finds.  Please share in the comments,  post your blog or website should you have one.

Toodles,
Mel.        

No comments:

Post a Comment